Tuesday 17 March 2015

St Patricks Day Wrap

This year I find myself surrounded by Irish people who are rather keen on St Patrick's Day celebrations,  so I decided to join in and make this tasty lunch. The colours of the ingredients are green, orange and white a tribute to the Irish flag

Ingredients

A handful of spinach leaves
4 white or brown mushrooms
Red Leicester cheese 
A ripe Brie
Nutmeg
Salt 
Black pepper
Butter
Pine nuts - they add a nice crunch but I didn't have any
Warp - I buy them readymade you could make your own
If you are vegan skip the cheese and add roasted tofu instead

Chop the mushrooms in small slices, heat a little oil in a pan throw in the mushrooms. Let the mushrooms cook on one side till they turn brown and have a nice colour on them. Wash and chop the spinach roughly and add this to the pan. Spinach cooks very fast so give it 2 or 3 minutes till the excess moisture has dried out. Season and let the mixture sit in the pan as you prepare the other ingredients. 

Heat the wrap for 30 seconds or so on a flat pan. Cut chunks of cheese and sprinkle evenly on the wrap. I usually put the toppings in a straight line with a little gap on the top and bottom to fold in (see picture below). Add the mixture and more cheese, roll and seal. I like my wraps a bit crunchy so I dry roast it a but on a hot pan for a minute or two. 
And now for a closeup


Alternatively this vegetable mixture would be nice on Irish soda bread or in rice or cous cous. Feel free to eat this the way you like. 



No comments: