Sunday 30 November 2014

Vegetarian Udon Noodle Soup

This recipe is vegan and has no oil at all. It is very filling and one portion can feed about two people or one very hungry person.

Ingredients

A packet of Udon noodles
A small slice of ginger
A clove of garlic
Edamame beans - I have found bags of this stuff in the frozen section shelled and ready to be boiled.
Spring onions chopped fine
A few pieces of bell peppers
thinly sliced mushrooms

These are the vegetables I have if I had them I would add carrots, sliced onion, bean sprouts and broccoli. I didn't have any tofu either which I bake (see previous post).

Miso paste
Soy sauce
Since I was craving a spicy soup I added a little gochujang to the recipe

I chopped the ginger and garlic finely and added them to the pan with some soy sauce and a few table spoons of water and let this boil for two minutes i added more water and let this boil for 5 minutes before I added the rest of the vegetables, leave a few spring onions for garnishing. I don't like overcooking my vegetables so I cooked them for 3 minutes. Boil the udon noodles for 2 minutes in hot water or dunk them in a dish of hot water and cover. Rinse them in cold water to make them chewy.

To serve get a deep bowl with the miso paste at the bottom put the noodles on top pour the soup over this and sprinkle with the remaining chopped spring onions





No comments: