Friday 5 August 2011

Art Therapy in Bangalore - a Conversation with Brother Mani. Part - 1


Is art for artists? Or can anyone paint?

Art isn’t about beautiful paintings or vases it is a personal expression.
You don’t have to be an artist to be an art therapist or to be a participant in art therapy.

The post modern idea that art need not be restricted to a canvas or have perfection is what drives art therapy.



I met Brother Mani a few months back when he was conducting a workshop on art therapy. Brother Mani is an art therapist

This is an interview where Brother Mani speaks about how art therapy can be transformative and therapeutic.


Here's as link to the interview


There is a second part of this interview, which is a bit longer which I will post in a day or two.

The pictures are made by the students who attended the program. 









1 comment:

Iris said...

Hi Sonia, Im a journalist working on an article on art therapy in Bangalore. I read your posts and wanted to interview Brother Mani for my story. I would be really grateful if you could me forward me his number. Thank you.